Types of hosting solutions
A hosting solution is associated with stockpiling and/or sharing specific web content on a hosting server managed by a website hosting supplier. There are various forms of hosting services utilized for various ends, so let's take a look at them. Thus, you can elect what you need, on the basis of whether you wish to set up a web page, email mailbox accounts, or to share files with pals and associates.
- File hosting: a service delivered by particular firms, which enables you to share large files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived documents, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its single objective is to share files, since it does not offer website uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either obtain an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to survey a record of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to open .html or .php web site files in your browser. Free-of-cost file storage plans frequently include advertisements by the download links, while a timer makes you await a given period of time to perceive them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you own a paid file hosting package, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no restriction as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
At present, with the help of the cPanel hosting distributors, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modish "cloud hosting". This is a completely unsuitable explanation of the literal definition of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting platform would allot the tasks at hand between individual sets of hosting servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to serving miscellaneous website hosting services (mail, data storage, stats, DNS, databases, web space hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is just a brand of a disk storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: akin to file hosting; specific distributors offer a hosting solution for images exclusively. This hosting brand is good if you would like to share an immense amount of images with buddies or partners since the service is commonly free. You will receive a random link for each and every pic or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be utilized for web sites.
- Email hosting: a service devoted to managing your mail address accounts. Some corporations provide hosting services for sites, but do not supply an email hosting service. If you want to possess an e-mail address with your domain name but do not desire to own a web site, then the email hosting service is what you require. You can set up mail address accounts and administer them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The email hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this service allows you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a specific video file, or you can embed the video in your web site that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of availing of this method in lieu of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video file produces a given amount of central processing unit load, so with a handful of videos and a few hundred visitors, you may have a hard time with your site hosting reserves. Embedding the video file will enable you to have as many videos as you want to without bothering about system reserves.
- Web page hosting: this is the solution that you require if you want to possess a web site. To a certain degree, it embodies all of the aforementioned hosting brands since, along with your sites, you can also host pictures and files, you can keep databases and mails, upload videos, and so on. At Essen Inc., for instance, you can have a peek at web hosting and dedicated web hosting plans that permit you to have all of the abovementioned services in one place. There may be restrictions based on the kind of hosting solution that you've selected - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your web hosting package may be better or worse compared with the common email/file/video/image hosting plans that are purposed for specific content solely.